Are you making a resolution for the New Years? Warning: More than half of all resolutions fail, but this year, they don’t have to be yours. Here’s how to identify the right resolution to improve your life, create a plan on how to reach it, and become part of the small group of people that successfully achieve their goal.
Every year, millions of people make New Year’s resolutions, hoping to spark positive change. The recurring themes each year include a more active approach to health and fitness, improved finances, and learning new things for personal and professional development. Chances are, more than a couple of the top 10 most common resolutions will look familiar to you:
- Exercise more
- Lose weight
- Get organized
- Learn a new skill or hobby
- Live life to the fullest
- Save more money / spend less money
- Quit smoking
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Travel more
- Read more
Others: Pay off debts, Learn a new language, Change career fields, Challenge yourself to be more social.
To help you reach your New Years Resolution Goal here are 10 Tips to help you:
- Mentally prepare yourself
- Set a goal that motivates you
- Limit your resolutions to a manageable amount for 2022
- Be specific to yourself with your goals
- Break your Large goals into micro small goals to help you accomplish
- Write down your goals, and display them somewhere you will see them regularly
- Share your resolution with others to help you with accountability
- If you fall off track on your New Years Resolutions and recognize it, don't make an excuse to hold off another year. Correct it and get back on track.
- Review your resolutions regularly
- Remember WHY you wanted this New Years Resolution to begin with - This WHY should be a driving component to help you accomplish your goals.